California Bachelor of Science Nursing Scholarship
Scholarship Sponsored by Department of Health Care Access and Information
The Department of Health Care Access and Information (HCAI) works to increase and diversify California's healthcare workforce by providing scholarships and loan repayments to health professional students and graduates who provide direct patient care in those communities. The purpose of the Bachelor of Science Nursing Scholarship Program (BSNSP) is to increase the number of highly trained skilled nurses providing direct patient care in a qualified facility. Those awarded the Bachelor of Science Nursing Scholarship may receive up to $10,000 for one year of their program. If awarded, recipients agree to a twelve (12) month service obligation practicing as a Registered Nurse, providing a minimum of 32 hours per week of direct patient care in an underserved area or a qualified facility within California.
Provider Eligibility Requirements:
- Start training program by September 30, 2023
- Be enrolled in a minimum of six semester units, or its equivalent, until program completion
- Maintain a GPA of 2.0 or greater, until program completion
- Must graduate after the proposed grant agreement start date
- Not have any other existing service obligations with other entities, including other HCAI programs
- Not be in breach of any other HCAI service obligation
- Commit to providing a 12-month service obligation in an underserved area or qualifying facility upon graduating
- Provide 32 hours or more per week of direct patient care upon graduating.
Eligible Educational Programs:
BSNSP applicants must be accepted or enrolled in an accredited degree program pursuing a Baccalaureate as a Registered Nurse.Go to Scholarship Application