Licensed Vocational Nurse to Associate Degree Nursing Scholarships
Scholarship Sponsored by Department of Health Care Access and Information
The Department of Health Care Access and Information (HCAI) works to increase and diversify California's healthcare workforce by providing scholarships and loan repayments to health professional students and graduates who provide direct patient care in those communities. The purpose of the Licensed Vocational Nurse to Associate Degree Nursing Scholarship Program (LVN to ADN) is to increase the number of highly trained skilled nurses providing direct patient care in a qualified facility. Those awarded the Licensed Vocational Nurse to Associate Degree Nursing Scholarship may receive up to $8,000 for one year of their program. If awarded, recipients agree to a twelve (12) month service obligation practicing as a Registered Nurse, providing a minimum of 32 hours per week of direct patient care in an underserved area or a qualified facility in California.
Provider Eligibility Requirements:
- Start training program by September 30, 2023
- Be enrolled in a minimum of six semester units, or its equivalent, until program completion
- Maintain a GPA of 2.0 or greater, until program completion
- Must graduate after the proposed grant agreement start date
- Not have any other existing service obligations with other entities, including other HCAI programs
- Not be in breach of any other HCAI service obligation
- Commit to providing a 12-month service obligation in a medically underserved area upon graduating
- Provide 32 hours or more per week of direct patient care upon graduating.
Eligible Educational Programs:
LVN to ADN applicants must be accepted or enrolled in an accredited bridge program pursuing licensure as a Registered Nurse.Go to Scholarship Application