Clair A. Hill Scholarship Program
Scholarship Sponsored by Association of California Water Agencies
Each year, through the Clair A. Hill Scholarship Program, the winner of the Clair A. Hill Agency Award for Excellence awards one $5,000 scholarship to a qualified undergraduate student. The award is sponsored by Jacobs.
Apply for this Scholarship
Please review the Clair A. Hill Scholarship Guidelines thoroughly before completing the scholarship application. Applicants who do not meet the minimum eligibility requirements will not be considered. The 2024-’25 cycle will open in December.
ELIGIBILITY AND APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Applicant must be a California resident at the time of application.
- Applicant must be attending an accredited, University of California or California State University at the start of the academic year covered by the scholarship.
- Applicant must be pursuing an undergraduate degree in a water resources-related field related to engineering, agricultural and/or urban water supply, environmental studies, or public administration at the start of the academic year covered by the scholarship.
- Applicant must be at least a junior at the time of the academic year covered by the scholarship.
- Applicant must commit to full-time enrollment (12 semester units or 16 quarter units) for the entire academic year covered by the scholarship.
- Applicant must submit at least two current letters of recommendation (but no more than three), with at least one of the letters originating from a college professor or employer on business letterhead; all letters of recommendation must include contact information for the writer.
- Applicant must submit official transcripts for each college they have attended; acceptable formats include photocopied or scanned official transcripts, or unofficial transcripts issued by the school; however, printed class schedules will not be accepted.
- Applicant must submit an essay responding to specific prompt (no more than 1,000 words).
Scholarship recipients will be selected based on:
- Scholastic achievement;
- Demonstrated motivation to the vocation of water resources-related management;
- The quality of the student’s essay; and
- Commitment to full-time enrollment for the entire academic year.
PURPOSE AND DISBURSEMENT
Scholarship funds are not disbursed to the student directly. Funds are disbursed to the appropriate Financial Aid Office in a lump sum of $5,000 and must be applied to the student’s account for tuition and fees. Scholarship funds should not be transferred directly to the student or be used for any other purpose.
If a scholarship recipient fails to meet the terms of this scholarship in any way, the award may be rescinded.Go to Scholarship Application